The birthstone for March babies is Aquamarine. Aquamarine is beautiful clear blue stone. Named so because of it’s beautiful water color (Aqua meaning “water” and Marina meaning “sea), Aquamarine is a symbol of tranquility, hope, and youth.
- Aquamarine is part of the Beryl family of mineral
- Aquamarine is the traditional 19th wedding anniversary gem
- The Aquamarine is said to help facilitate happy marriages because of it’s temper calming properties
- Mainly Aquamarine is mined in Brazil
- Popular with modern designers, the aquamarine’s color brings out any inclusions and so a clean stone is often cut to show case the clarity, and a stone with inclusions can be cut more creatively.