The Sapphire is the September Birthstone!
The sapphire is a well known gem, often recognized most easily in blue.
A variety of corundum, sapphires can occur in every color including red, otherwise known as a Ruby.
– “Sapphire” is Greek for blue.
– Represents honestly, loyalty and purity and are thus popular engagement ring side stones
– The most coveted Sapphire is the Padparadscha, a salmon colored Sapphire in tones ranging from orange to red.
– Sapphires are commonly treated
– Some sapphires have “asterism” and emit star like light reflections. These are Star Sapphires
Read more about September Birthstone!: wixon | GIA | AGS | Palagems